Monday, August 9, 2010

And We're Back!

Wow!

It's been over a year since I started this and only a little less since I left it sitting on the shelf collecting dust. More has changed since than I could have guessed, and while laying in bed tonight, unable to sleep, I felt a random urge to start this up again.

So in keeping with that spirit, I've gotten rid of all the old, boring, rambling, useless posts and am starting with a fresh slate.

One of the more exciting things to happen in the last year, to me at least, is my sudden interest in photography. Several of my co-workers have nice DSLR cameras and after seeing the images they were capable of producing I was eager to get into it. However as usual there was a problem with that, mostly it being a money issue. Nice quality cameras don't come cheap. I could save up the money no problem, but there was never a time where that same money wasn't needed more immediately somewhere else.

As luck would have it though my dad had an older Pentax ZX-M SLR film camera lying around that he hadn't used in ages. Even better he had a 50mm, 28mm, and a telephoto lens as well as a flash.

So to make a short story even shorter I have been playing around with the camera for the last several months. It's become a really enjoyable hobby for me. I'm going to use this blog to showcase some of my photography, as well as update you with some random thoughts.

In order to start this off properly, here are some of the photo's I have taken thus far.





1 comment: